Sunday 3 August 2014

Listen to me read - Arbour Day



Arbour Day

You will never guess what my class did on Thursday morning. We walked to the field down by the bank to plant some trees.

We are planting trees because it is Abor Day at Arahoe School. Our class get to plant a Pohutukawa tree. It is a New Zealand native tree.
We went to look for the blue sprayed P sign on the ground. It stands for Pohutukawa and that's where we are going to dig a hole to plant our tree.
We dug a hole in the ground using Maerin's spade. When we have finished digging, we planted the tree.
Mrs Melo put some fertiliser in the hole because the hole was too big and also it is good for the tree. The fertiliser is dark brown and looks very thick but when you touch it. It feels very soft.
We put a name tag on our tree with room 15 on it. Then we get to have a class photo and it was beautiful.
After the trees were planted, we all went to the bake sale and we get to but a treat. I got a chocolate muffin and a hot chocolate drink. It was delicious.


I felt like the rain. I thought it would be very hard but it was so easy to plant a tree. Next time I will try to plant a tree at my house.

No comments: