Sunday 3 August 2014

Listen to me read - Arbour Day

Arbour Day

You will never guess what I did on Thursday the 19th of June. I went to the school field down the bank with the whole class to plant a tree. We planted a tree because trees give us oxygen.

We got to the field and dug a big hole and it was really hard to dig. We planted a tree and its name was Pahutakawa and we dug very low and put the plant in it .We covered the plant with fertilizers. We each had a turn to put the fertilizer in. We put the name tag on the plant and on the name tag it said fifteen. We took a class photo around the plant. Miss McColich took the class photo.


Next time I am going to plant a tree at home. Even though it was hard to dig I am going to try. I felt like a gardener because I was planting. 

No comments: